Wednesday 21 April 2010

A public apology to Charlotte Vere

You see, if there's one reason why I could never be a politician, it's because I'm crap at arguing in person due to my poor memory and inability to remember important facts and figures. If there's a second reason, it's because I can bring myself to say things like  "I was wrong" and "I'm sorry". That's what I am going to do now.

I want to issue a public apology to Charlotte Vere, the Conservative candidate for Brighton Pavilion.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Earlier in my blog I accused her of being bitter and aggressive toward the Green Party. Indeed, from first reading her tweets this is how I perceived the situation.

What I have since realised is just quite how annoying the Greens actually are. Their persistent re-positioning, their perfect-world mentality and their general sanctimonious tone stinks of desperation and is just too much for me to bear. I really can't blame Charlotte for rising to them.

Of course I haven't even mentioned their policies. The problem is not just that I can't disagree with any of them, but that they are apparently funded by an pot of infinite cash (see possibly the only Conservative blog post I'll ever agree with).

Lastly, the irony that the "Green" party have posted more fliers through my letterbox than any other party - often the same content laid out differently. Someone tell me that this isn't a complete waste of time, money and natural resources.

So here it is - Charlotte, I'm genuinely sorry for my earlier comments. Now I have this in context I can understand where you were coming from, and I have found new respect for you in the way you have publicly challenged the Greens on their policies.

Though I shall still be voting for Labour's Nancy Platts, any affection I had for the Green Party is slowly being ground away by their own representatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment